Been Stressed about Holiday gifts? Have you been complaining about the state of the economy?? The Malls Madness? The lack of good customer service?
I know I have done that a lot and felt unable to do much about it but I think I have found some help for all of that …& it can be fun & rewarding besides…what a great deal!
The solution? Multiply your money locally!
The solution is to shop locally with independent (not chain store) merchants in your ‘Hood. Shopping locally can generate huge dividends in improving your community & your pocketbook.
You can help contribute directly to your own well-being and someone else’s. The monetary amounts from such spending are are huge:
- If 3 people spend $50.00 a month locally it would generate over $42.6
- BILLION annually….which would be spent locally.
- For every $100.00 spent in an independently owned business, $68.00
- comes back to us.
- If you spend that in a national chain, only $43.00 comes back & if you spend it on line, your community & your business gets ZERO!
I am really fortunate to live in an in-town neighborhood where there are lots of diverse shops and great gifts to chose from. But wherever you are, I know there are places to go where you will have a wonderful selection as well as doing your part to support folks working hard just like you. It can save you money and time.
Every community has locally owned restaurants, art galleries, gift shops, bakeries and other businesses that will really appreciate you and your business. And the parking is easy.
Gotta love the 3/50 Project
The wonderful 3/50 PROJECT is all about this. It encourages people to buy & support local businesses. This is such an important idea because these businesses contribute so much to, our local economy and our community. We really do like to do business with people we know and trust. And personally, I liked to be called by my name and greeted like a valued customer, not an account number.
Social media is great but nothing takes the place of a person who is happy to see you and wants to help you. So check out this out how you get known and appreciated in your “village.”.. You will never get that from a chain store. To find out more at the 3/50 website.
- Pick 3 locally owned independent businesses to check out and stop in & say Hello. Buy something that makes you smile.
- Find time to talk the owner of a local business about their business and yours. You may be able to support each other and will have made a friend…and they will be sure to remember you next time you come in.
- Eat in a neighborhood restaurant, ask to meet the owner and thank them for improving your quality of life. McDonalds will never do that.
- Hold your “meet- up” in a local coffee shop or resturant,they will be happy to have you and give you special service.
- If you need a product or service but can’t find it, ask the local merchant if they can recommend someone. Chances are they will give you a good recommendation and will say “Tell them I sent you “; always a great way to get good service.
- Subscribe to your neighborhood association’s newsletter & get on the email list for the local merchant’s newsletter. Great way to find inexpensive deals and events.
- If you already have some favorite local businesses, stop by and thank them or send them a referral. They will remember!